TITLE: Specialty Machining
REPORTS TO: General Manager
RESPONSIBILITY & AUTHORITY:
- Acknowledge and assure all department employees have been properly informed and trained on workplace safety and company operations and are following all safety measures and guidelines set in place to prevent injury (eyes, ears, guards, etc.)
- Responsible for assuring operators are properly trained to operate the equipment they will be using on each job.
- Assure all department employees are working, following procedures and taking precautions to assure 100% compliant quality production parts.
- Responsible to provide Human Resource Manager with training updates to properly maintain the training matrix
- Responsible to provide “Report to manager” with training updates to properly maintain the training matrix.
- Communicate with department employees and other leaders to meet workload, job specs, timing and priorities
- Communicate continuously with department employees about continuous improvement of job processes and structure of all operations.
- Communicate continuously with my direct supervisor regarding all jobs, workload, safety, disciplinary actions, shipping receiving and quality.
- Assure proper steps toward corrective and/or disciplinary actions follow proper procedures
- Conduct annual performance reviews for direct report employees
- Conduct semi-annual performance reviews for direct report employees.
- Control and manage the workload, time scheduling, and processes of all production jobs throughout the machining department to assure all machines are running at full capacity to meet workload and customer expectations to achieve 100% on time delivery.
- Responsible for 1st piece inspection of all jobs set up, as well as using time tracker to scan out finished jobs.
- Maintain and control inventory of tooling and expendables and taking proper steps for submitting tooling and expendables request forms.
- Delivering parts, and communicating with further process leaders to insure correct and on time delivery of parts to the next step/process/department/outside service
- Ensure accurate information is entered into SAGE 100 (set up/production hours)
- Responsible for reporting all scrap for disposition to General Manager
- Responsible for equipment to be in proper working order
- Provide manufacturing/tooling information for quoting and APQP process
- Responsible to report all scrap for disposition to the Quality Control Manager.
- Set personal goals that align with corporate business plans and job responsibility.
JOB EXPERIENCE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to read and analyze blue prints
- 5 Years minimum experience in conventional machining
- Ability to read calipers and other measurement devices
- Ability to manage and communicate with employees in the machining department
- Ability to program CNC equipment using G and M code formats as well as conversational programming, also the ability to machine with manual machines.
- Knowledge of the operation of all tube forming machines in the shop
- Proficient in SAGE 100 as required
- High School Diploma or GED with a firm understanding of Geometry and Trigonometry
- Vocational or College machining classes helpful
Job Type: Full-time
race/ethnicity and the position they applied for to the government. We are an organization that values diversity and encourages women and minorities to apply. For this reason, we invite you to
indicate your gender and race/ethnicity below. This information is kept separate from your application. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment. Responses will remain confidential within the Human Resources Department; and will be used only for the necessary information to include in our Affirmative Action
Program and reporting requirements to the government. When reported, data will not identify any specific individuals.This application for employment is good for 90 days only.
Consideration for employment after 90 days requires a new application.
Definitions of race/ethnic categories
Hispanic of Latino – A person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race.
White (Not Hispanic or Latino) – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.
Black or African American (Not Hispanic or Latino) – A person having origins in any of the black racial groups of Africa. Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander (Not Hispanic or Latino) – A person having origins in any of the peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or other Pacific Islands.
Asian (Not Hispanic or Latino) – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian Subcontinent, including, for example, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand, and Vietnam.
American Indian or Alaska Native (Not Hispanic or Latino) – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of North and South America (including Central America), and who maintain tribal affiliation or community attachment.
Two or More Races (Not Hispanic or Latino) – All persons who identify with more than one of the above five races.
Federal contractors are required to implement affirmative action procedures in employing veterans from the three targeted groups identified below. Federal contractors also are required to report annually on the inclusion of veterans from these three groups in their current workforce and in their new hires. Current and prospective employees are requested to provide the information below so that Troy Tube can comply with these important federal mandates. Provision of the information requested below is voluntary and will be kept confidential by Troy Tube . Disclosure or refusal to provide the information will not subject the applicant or employee to any adverse treatment and the information will be used only to support veterans’ programs in accordance with the regulations implementing 38 U.S.C. 4212.
SPECIAL DISABLED VETERAN (check if either or both apply to you)
A veteran who is entitled to compensation (or who by for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs for a disability (a) rated at 30 percent or more, or (b) rated at 10 or 20 percent in the case of a veteran who has been determined under Section 1506 to Title 38, U.S.C. to have a serious employment handicap;
A veteran who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
VETERAN OF THE VIETNAM-ERA (check if either or both apply to you)
A veteran who served on active duty for a period of more than 180 days, and was discharged or released there from with other than a dishonorable discharge, if any part of such active duty occurred: (1) in the Republic of Vietnam between 2/28/61 and 5/7/75; or (2) between 8/5/64 and 5/7/75 in all other cases;
A veteran who was discharged or released from active duty for a service connected disability if any part of such active duty was performed: (1) in the republic of Vietnam between 2/28/61 and 5/7/75; or (2) between 8/5/64 and 5/7/75 in all other cases.
OTHER VETERANS (check if either or both apply to you)
A veteran with active duty service at any point between 12/7/41 and 4/28/52 OR
A veteran who served on active duty in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized. A veteran qualifies under this criterion ONLY based upon military service IN the identified campaign or expedition and NOT simply based any military service during the time of the campaign or expedition. The campaign badges, service medal, and expeditionary medals that qualify under this criterion will be listed on the veteran’s “Armed Forces of the U.S. Report of Transfer or Discharge” (commonly known as the DD-214) if the veteran meets this criterion.
NEWLY SEPARATED VETERANS
A veteran discharged or released from active duty within the last one year period.
APPLICANT’S CERTIFICATION AND AGREEMENT
I authorize Troy Tube or its agent to communicate with persons listed as references, former employers, and any others with whom you desire to check. I agree to hold such persons harmless
with respect to any information they may give about me. If employed, I agree to engage in no outside activity which would involve a material conflict of interest with, or which could reflect adversely on the Company. I understand this decision is to rest with the Company.
If employed, I agree to hold in strictest confidence any information concerning the Company, its customers, and its Agents, which may come to my knowledge. In consideration of my employment, if I am employed, I agree to conform to the employment policies of the Company, and I understand that my employment and compensation can be terminated, with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the Company or myself. I understand that no representative of the Company, other than the President, has the authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time, or to make any agreement contrary to the foregoing.
I understand that completion of this Application For Employment does not guarantee that I have been employed by this company. I hereby affirm that my answers to these statements and questions are true and correct to the best of my knowledge. I have not knowingly withheld any fact or circumstance that would, if disclosed, affect my application unfavorably.
I understand that any misrepresentation, deception, or false statement made in this Employment Application may result in my not being considered for employment, and if not discovered by the
Company until after my becoming employed, is grounds for, and may result in, my immediate termination.
I understand that the Company requires the successful completion of a urinalysis for drug testing purposes and/or a blood alcohol test as a condition of employment. By submitting this Application for Employment, I hereby consent to either or both of said tests, at the Company’s discretion. In addition I approve the transmission and receipt of all tests results by the Company.